What's new
What's new

Motor tension handle

Daughty

Aluminum
So as some of you have seen in a recent post or two. I'm restoring a 14-1/2 SB.
My next question is I need a new handle for the motor tension for the outside of the casing. Are these universal and same dimensions as say the 9's or 10's I see with the motor tension handles?

Look at this ebay item. 292406350218.
It's for a heavy 10 casing but looks to be the same.

According to the South Bend parts catalog, the 10", 13", 14.5", and 16" all use the same handle.
-George

Would have offered if I had. Do you have the means to replicate the handle? Do have taper pin, don't have a taper reamer. PM if you need the pin.

Would have offered if I had. Do you have the means to replicate the handle? Do have taper pin, don't have a taper reamer. PM if you need the pin.

So they only thing i need is the crank handle and the machine handle itself. The crank handle is snapped right where the pin would connect to the crank bushing. So they circular part of the crank handle is still on just not the flat part. If that makes sense.

Crank bushing (81) or crank shaft (82)? Face off the crank handle at the break, bore out and braze in a stepped bushing. Then cross drill for the taper pin.

Crank bushing (81) or crank shaft (82)? Face off the crank handle at the break, bore out and braze in a stepped bushing. Then cross drill for the taper pin.

77 and 78 is what I need

The part 78 is broken right where the top hole of the handle sets on the rod "part 82".

Look at 401480722059 on eBay. No affiliation, just saw that this morning.

If you do not come up with anything, I have a machine I may part. But I have not gotten to that point yet.

Was this the 14 1/2 for sale in Schaumburg on Craigslist?

Marc

The item sold already. And no this one, was one I pucked up around Detroit about 3-4 weeks ago.

Bloomington/normal. Ya there's another one on eBay for the whole assembly but I'm not paying $90 for just the crank and handle.

Back