What's new
What's new

My First Belt Lacing

feasant

Plastic
i needed a belt for my SB13. so i went to the local feed store and bought a piece of leather harness and some waxed thread. watched a guy on youtube to learn how to lace.

result turned out good i thought.
image.jpg

i needed a belt for my SB13. so i went to the local feed store and bought a piece of leather harness and some waxed thread. watched a guy on youtube to learn how to lace.

result turned out good i thought.
View attachment 123320

Nice job! Was the youtube vid by tubalcain? He's pretty good with his series of tutorials. What thread did you use for stitching, brand diameter?

Ed

Very nice!

I plan to make a new one soon for my 13" but I need to find a good material. Believe it or not, I am temped to try fine metal screen.

You won't get the click click click though, which I fell in love with as soon as I fired up my south bend.

Nice job, looks good. I used the description in my "How to run a Lathe" book, to lace mine. It is a really silent set-up. I'm going to try lacing a serpentine belt on the other lathe, using small brass eyelets to reinforce the holes.

Must not be much pressure on lathe belts. If I'd use anything other than a laminated belt on the old brownies

they would stretch fairly quickly and slip. Always had to use plastic laminated in leather and then would last for years. RD

i'll probably have to redo mine in a while. i got it a little long to begin with and am almost to the limit on the belt tension adjustment. but better to be long than short. :)

Back