What's new
What's new

my new to me SB 10k

ASWesley

Plastic
Well kind of, I purchased her a year ago from a gentleman who acquired 2 10k's that were sitting in a crate from some shop going out of business deal. He built up a full lathe and I bought what was left (ALMOST a whole lathe.) Slowly but surely all the parts ordered in. Compound and 56t were the last real big parts to order.

huge thanks to all the regulars who post, and all the other folks asking questions. this site is an amazing resource.

Original plan was to sand and paint each part and slowly reassemble, end up with a beautiful "as new" lathe... that plan went out the window when half of painted parts started showing paint chip off at the slightest touch.

so new plan, get her together running nice, use till next year and then tax return or pfd I'll take it apart again and get it professionally sand blasted and paint with an epoxy based. And now I am really debating color again. probably change my mind a few hundred times this year.

so far the current project is the electrical switches and mounts.(yay switches and wires! that's sarcasm. insert expletives) but it's getting there. Needs edges cleaned up and some paint, probably just rattle can matte black for now. also figuring out the on/off and forward/reverse switches the way i want them to run.

lathe1.jpg.jpglathe2.jpg

Back