What's new
What's new

Need a 13" Single Tumbler lever

Amateur Dave

Plastic
Need a single tumbler lever for a 13" South Bend 5' bed. Just bought it and noticed that the tumbler lever was hit and is broken. The lathe bed has been sitting on wood blocks 6" off a shop floor for years and looks like a four wheeled cart full of crankshafts was rolled into it causing the damage. Any one have a spare lever ?

CL145B, serial number 2244TKL9. I have pics of the broken tumbler lever, I'll try to post a pic of it. Thanks, Dave

Attachments

• IMG_3986 Reduced.jpg
    IMG_3986 Reduced.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3987 Reduced.jpg
    IMG_3987 Reduced.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 61
John,
Thanks for the reply. If you have a tumbler lever please let me know. I know my SB has a single tumbler gear box (pictured) with broken tumbler, 13", under motor drive, 5" bed, four cone leather drive pulley. I got it from my buddy that owns a car repair shop and has had it for over 6 years. He got it in payment for a repair he did on a customers truck.

I just wrote to LeBlond to find out the year of manufacture but they told me they no longer have the cards with SB info on them. So I don't know the year. My guess is 1949 or 1950, but I could be wrong.

Yesterday and today I spent all day cleaning the SB. The base and bed are still apart, so I thought I would take the time and strip the second coat and the original paint down to bear metal. Going to primer and then use a nice enamel gray paint. Took two days to just do the tail stock & the motor base and base doors. That motor base is heavy... Can't wait to get my SB up & running. The past owner (I don't know who) installed a 220 vac single phase 1hp motor that runs smooth.

Thanks, Dave 301 233-0910

Back