What's new
What's new

Need Change Gears(20 DP) for SB 9" Model 405

sanelo

Plastic
I need a complete set of Change gears for this lathe. There were originally 11 gears ranging from 24T to 69T. I realize that it's not likely I'll find a whole set so I'll buy what I can find and hopefully get a full set eventually.

This lathe has the 1 3/8 x 10 thread on the spindle and I could use a 30T change gear immediately to make a new threaded faceplate. If you have one for sale, please let me know (see below).

To those who may respond to my request, please note that this lathe does not use the standard 18DP gears. The gears for this lathe are the finer 20 DP, so please check before responding.

Thanks,
Neal L

Hi Neil,

Others probably have ready-made gears for your lathe. Check with Craig Donges, he has some sort of treasure-trove of SB parts. There's also SBLatheMan. Also, you can get stock gears from McMaster-Carr and the like, and modify them to suit your lathe.

A third option is me -- I cut gears for old (and new for that matter) machinery, and can make up some gears for your lathe, plug-n-play, no mods necessary.

Regards.

Finegrain

I know this thread is a few years old now but are any gears still available?

A way to find out if you are wasting your time, check the profiles of all the 2009 posters and see if they are current. If it says LAST VISITED FORUM IN 2012 (for example), you won't be hearing from them

Back