What's new
What's new

Need A Drawing of a Part

Webb Wyman

Stainless
Hi There,

Well, I'm going to up grade my Heavy Ten from a 1-7/8" spindle to an L00 and I would like to ask some help from someone whom already has a factory L00 South Bend Lathe.

I would like a detailed drawing of the "Hinge Wedge" (Part No: PT3721LH2) or better yet, the loan of this part so I can make a drawing from it. This is an up-side-down letter "J" looking part made from, I presume, flat stock. This part is still available from Leblond but they want over $100.00 for it ($117.00 I think to be exact). I know I can make it for less IF I had a drawing or an old one to copy.

This part is also used on the Thirteen Inch and the 14-1/2" lathes also. So, anyone that has one of the forementioned lathes with an L00 spindle and is willing to give me a hand with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
-Blue Chips-
Webb

Hi Webb-

I have a Heavy 10 with L-00 spindle, and you are correct, the part is made from 7/16 flat stock. If you can send me your postal address, I'll mail you a tracing of the part. It should be easy to make on a rotary table.

-Bill Fill
[email protected]
Olympia, WA

Hi There,

I want to publicly acknowledge Bill for all the help he provided me with my request for a drawing of the aforementioned part. He provided me with a detailed drawing of it plus numerous pictures of its mounting.

I want everyone know that Bill is a real asset to this board and he has my thanks. Someday, I hope I can return the favor.

Thanks Again!
-Blue Chips-
Webb

Back