What's new
What's new

Need Help with Heavy 10 Under-drive Unit

gzig5

Hot Rolled
My 10L does not have a cabinet, it was on a pallet when I bought it. It's time to put it back together and get it running so I am welding up a new bench/cabinet. My intent is to run the spindle directly off a servo motor which will be no problem to mount and I already have an appropriate drive and motor. The thing is, I can't see holding on to this machine forever and if I sold it I don't want the servo to go with it so I need to accommodate the under-drive assembly and standard motor, which I do have. Problem is I have no idea how the assembly mounts under the cabinet. I know there is a handle that comes out the front to release tension, but I don't have that and will have to cobble something. So...I'm looking for pictures as to how that whole thing works under there. As many views as possible. What I've been able to find so far doesn't show mounting the assembly to the cabinet. The unit is up in the attic so I haven't seen it for a while. Probably should have pulled it down before asking but I still need some pics.

If it matters, it is a relatively new machine with hard ways and D1-4 spindle so I don't think the cabinet had the tube legs. Machine isn't in front of me so I don't have model but can get it if it makes a difference.

If anyone has a decent cabinet available within a couple hour drive of Milwaukee, I'd consider buying one to save the effort of building one. I think is it 24" between centers but might be able to adapt a longer or shorter cabinet.

There should be lots of photos on the internet.

These are photos of mine when I got it and during some during the restoration process.IMG_2149.jpgIMG_2150.jpgIMG_2157.jpg

Mine at least hangs from the chip pan under the lathe. Its 3 carriage bolts hanging it from the top.

Back