What's new
What's new

Need help with ID and value

rex21

Plastic
This has come up for silent auction about an hour from me and ends in 2 days.
Pretty sure its a heavy 10. I have arranged to go look at it, but more info would be better to have to make the right offer. It is not under power so I can not run it. I will bring a dial indicator with me.

schoollathe.jpg

schoollathemodel.jpg
CL 8187 ZB

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heavy 10.

Collet rack is empty, are they in a box and included (they would be 5C's), chucks, rests, just the lantern holder shown???

Nice when you get most of the tooling with the lathe, usually doesn't cost that much more than bare lathe and saves lots of bucks down the road...

John

All I have to go by is the pics pretty much. I am assuming it is being sold without any accessories. The listing says as is where is.

"Toolroom" Heavy 10. Looks like later model (60's-70's). Large dials, lever clutch, chasing dial, 3-jaw, and collet rack..Do not see quick close drawbar or handwheel drawbar, thread protector or spindle adapter for 5-C's.
A nice package if in good condition and price is right (about $1K avg.price in Pa.can't comment on value in Wis.).
May be some tooling in cabinet, but, probably unlikely. Check ways and compound for "crashes"...there may be a few bruises if it was a school machine. Good luck.PB

Thanks for the confirmation guys. My bid will be fairly low, I just spent a bunch of money on missing gears and a 3c collet setup for my 9c. Just have to bid though, if its in decent shape.

I also see a taper attachment on that lathe. Added cost if you need it. If you don't need it, it will offset the price of the lathe if you sell it.

Back