What's new
What's new

NEED HELP IN WASHINGTON

KDHIGH

Plastic
NEED HELP IN FINDING A 9 OR 10 SOUTHBEND TO BUY.. IN THE AREA WHERE I LIVE GIG HARBOR WA. OR ANY OF MY NEIGHBORING STATES. ONE THAT IS ALL THERE. OR REAL CLOSE . DONT CARE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE BECAUSE INTEND ON GOING THRU THE LATHE AND REPAINT, OR NOT ,IF ITS A CHERRY ONE.I GOT BIT BUY THE BUG AND JUST WANT A NICE GARAGE LATHE. EVERY TIME I GET A LEAD ITS GONE . DID FIND A MONARCH 10 EE WITH MOTOR MISSING. SOON FOUND OUT THAT IT COST NOT JUST AN ARM AND LEG OT REPAIR , BUT BOTH ARMS. AND STILL MIGHT GET IT GOING ... THATS WHY I WANT A 9-OR 10 SOUTHBEND .KEEP IT SIMPLE FOR MYSELF PLEASE HELP MY PHONE NUMBER IS 253 884-0828 NAME IS DOUG.....THANKS

"DID FIND A MONARCH 10 EE WITH MOTOR MISSING. SOON FOUND OUT THAT IT COST NOT JUST AN ARM AND LEG OT REPAIR, BUT BOTH ARMS. AND STILL MIGHT GET IT GOING."

If it's from a guy in residing in the suburban Seattle area, run ... don't walk ... away from it.

Otherwise, there is help for wayward 10EEs on in the Monarch forum.

It is possible to take a motorless 10EE and to make it whole, using that 10EE itself as the machine which makes the motor-backgear adapter, and/or the motor sheave.

An example of how ... specifically ... this was done is in the DropBox.

kdhigh try joining and posting to the two yahoo groups puget-sound-metal and kitsap-metal. Inactive groups but you will find some folks who don't read PM or RCM.

Bob

Hate to sound too simlple but did ya try ebay yet?I have a 12x54 atlas and a heavy 10x36 South Bend that I rebuilt using parts from ebay. I bought my M-head Bridgeport for 750$ on ebay also.I did find a sanford surface grinder 4" at a yard sale but I got the mag chuck from ebay for 40$. You have to shop and bid and get serious with watching the auction end but there are still great deals available.

Back