What's new
What's new

Need info. parts,1912, 13" S.B. Lathe

oldFe

Plastic
I am looking for information, manuals,exploded diagrams,parts, or other of intrest for 1912 13" S.B. lathe.Also looking for original color used at S.B.at this time. I was told by LeBlond that this machine was probably used in house as there was no ship date on it, and previous serial #, machine. I also need to know size (# of teeth in idler gear)on this loose change machine.If there was more than one idler, the size of both,and if any were compound, their sizes. The idler I have is 96x48 compound, and if run in small stud and screw gear combo,banjo hits reverser, and gear cover won,t close.I also need to know if there are any felts in bearings and if so where? As I'd like to replace them. Each cap is held down by two flat head screws counter bored into cap, not the two or four hex head cap screws I have seen pictured. Currently only has a small oil cup on top of cap.Should this have a sight glass, resorvoir, drip type oiler? I can,t seem to run the oil can fast enough to keep oil in them. Bearing clearences are @.001.I either needto keep more oil in, which is my preference(which is why I ask about felts),or to add oil at a constant rate.Any ideas? If you got any other info or tid bits on this ol' girl throw em out.
Thanks for the help with my new spousal avoidance center accessorie.

Back