What's new
What's new

need length of tie rod on 13" SB taper attachment

Rudd

Stainless
I have almost all of a TA for a 13, except the tie rod. If someone could be so kind as to give me the length of rod between the bed bracket and the TA bed, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks.

Until the real info.....

Looks long enough so saddle can back up full travel of T/A without bumping into bed clamp:)

Attachments

• 10 to 16 TA.jpg
    10 to 16 TA.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 70
On My 1966 13” CLK it’s 3/4 x 4 7/16 long , to the thread shoulder. It’s got about 3/4” of 1/2-13 threads for the taper side.
The length seems weird, not sure if the shoulder was cleaned up by a prior owner ( I have had it about 1/2 if it’s 51 years )
The length as I’m sure you know is totally non-critical, as John above points out. Lots of people leave the way bracket clamp loose and let the taper clamp slide around on the way when not in use, but I take it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thanks. I understand it isn't critical. John's early reply gave a sort of minimum length, I had been thinking it should be short enough to allow the bracket to stay on the bed if the TA was all the way to the right and the tailstock was at the end of the bed.
I wanted to make this piece before I started the install and got to a place where it'd be difficult to turn a diameter and thread.
Ripper, it sounds like you did not babbit the bracket to the rod, is this correct?

Back