What's new
What's new

New lathe and a few questions

barkoguru

Plastic
First let me say thanks for a great forum, it's been a great help to me finding info and helping me decide to take the plunge with this great old machine, I haven't run a lathe in thirty years but have wanted one for a very long time, I tinker with old hit n miss engines, tractors and do some amateur gunsmithing, and love all things old and American made so this old lathe will fit in just fine, from what I have gathered from the forum is I have a 9c Ser. # 51739NCR10 Cat No. CL615 maybe Z can't really tell, seems pretty complete with the motor and back mounted pulley assembly, little three jaw chuck, beds in good shape, spindle is tight, it runs, very workable I believe after a real good cleaning, I gave 200.00 for it which I though was a tad much but after driving two and a half hours I figured I could at least get my money back if I decided I didn't want to mess with it after I got it home, no change gears came with it, bummer, now I would eventually like to be able to cut threads but my first priority is to get everything cleaned and inspected and oiling properly before I run it anymore, one question I have is this machine has the spring loaded knob on the reverse lever and the gears look a bit worn, are these and the whole gear train for that matter the same as the older style reverse tumbler ? When shopping for gears are all the 9" ABandCs gears interchangeable ? Please pardon my rambling and thanks in advance, Dave

Welcome to the nut house!! Here you will find 99.44% of the info you need to get the old girl going.

Have you gone through the sticky on parts and such?

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...uth-bend-links-sources-parts-info-etc-129769/

In particular, Ted (SBlatheman) is a member here along with Steve Wells. Ted has a slew of NOS and used
parts. And Steve has more info than.....

Anyway, the parts for your reverse should be easy to come by and you'd be best served by posting a thread
with that specific in the title so it'll catch attention.

Have fun,
Pete

Back