What's new
What's new

Newbie Here

45bpcr

Plastic
Hello,

I'd like to take a minute and introduce myself. I'm the proud owner of an old South Bend Lathe, recently aquired along with a MSC vertical Mill/Driil machine. All for the princely sum of $1500.00 with some tooling and delivered.

We took it all apart and cleaned/ lubed/ and basicly serviced them last week. Today my electirican came to the shop and ran 3 phase to a dedicated outlet for it. We "made" a replacement drive belt from a serpentine belt for one of the cars we service as the one on it looked pretty rough and was at the limit of adjustment.
I belive it's a 10K "light". The Serial # is 32650KKR and the catalogue # is CL 370BD. It has a 4 1/2ft bed.
Does the serial number mean it was produced 3-26-1950? I tired to decipher it on South Bend's web site to no avail.

Also, where would be a good source for replacement parts such as a drive belt and the bronze bushings in the cross feeds?

It's great to finally be able to buy equipment to play with instead of equipment to work with! :-)

Thanks in advance!
45bpcr
DSC01888.jpgDSC01889.jpgDSC01890.jpgDSC01891.jpg

Go to this site look up serial number The SBL Workshop - Home looks like around 1975 if I looked at it right there isAlso you can get a hold of Ted a chart there that shows you how to read the letters in the serial number .Also here is Teds email address got all my parts from him [email protected] he goes by SBLatheman on this site its easy to email him responds fast good guy Mark

Back