What's new
What's new

Notice of new group for adding electronics devices to the South Bend lathe.

promacjoe

Stainless
I am starting a new yahoo group, not to compete with this one. It would be hard to compete with a group as good as this one. It is focused on creating and adding electronic devices to the South Bend lathe.
The only requirements are:

1: you are a member of this group.

2: you have an idea or a need to add a DRO, RPM meter or other electronic device to your machine.

3: you wish to share that idea with us in this group.

All members of this group are welcome.

We will be focusing mainly on open source hardware. Which means that anything we build will be easy to maintain and update. I believe the current technology that is offered now can be used to build most anything we need without a lot of designing. Anyone with a background in programming or electronics will be appreciated.

Note: anything we create will be open source. This means that anyone can use and modify whatever we create without having any copyright or patent problems.

For now this is a closed group, membership is by invitation only. Simply to keep out spammers. Since I have never administrated the group before, I want to keep it as simple to control as possible. I know the members of this group will behave themselves for the most part and I will be able to easily weed out those misfits that wish to do damage. If you have someone that is not a member of this group that wants to join please email me and I will consider it.

For now anyone who wishes to join please email me at [email protected] with your email address. And I will send you an invitation.
Note: please be patient, depending on how many requests I get it may take a while.

promacjoe.

Okay, I've had several email requests for membership, 2 of which indicated interest in putting DRO's on their machines. 1 indicated he was having problems with his installation. If you have installed the DRO on your machine please join and tell us how you did it. We need your expertise. Any solutions we come up with will be archived here and will be available to anyone who needs it. If we run out of room I will make other arrangements. But I want to keep the information available for everyone in both groups. All you have to do is join. Everyone is welcome, you do not have to participate but if you can help with this project your participation will be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Back