What's new
What's new

old stock new heavy 10s

kpotter

Diamond
My son went on a field trip and he took some pics of an abandoned machine shop in an old school. There were dozens of southbend heavy 10s sitting lined up and there were several crates with new ones from the 60s sitting in storage. There is no hope of getting them out till the district has an auction but someday its gonna happen.

Hope the school doesn't do what they did here. When they closed down the shop classes, they broke up all the machinery and sent it to the scraper, so there were not any liability issues.

Hope the school doesn't do what they did here. When they closed down the shop classes, they broke up all the machinery and sent it to the scraper, so there were not any liability issues.

Some do-gooders who don’t have a clue about machines think that if they don’t please OSHA rules they should not be sold. Clueless people in high places can be dangerous.

The school has an amazing machine shop program my son is in it. They have 20 southbends and lots of BPs as well as K&T mills. They have 5 new HAAS machining centers. The stuff is in the basement I spoke with the shop teacher and he said they are holding it in case they can set up another high school shop program. This is the last one in the district. The school has worked a deal with the big tool manufacturers and they have the best of everything, miller welder sponsers the welding shop so they have all the best stuff miller makes. The school has a great voc ed program it is a magnet school, my son is going there for the drawing and painting classes but he loves to make stuff so he has been taking welding and machine shop.

I too would love to see the photos of the elusive holy grail!

btw the term most often used is "new old stock" which is machines or
parts that were originally stocked by a dealer, in original containers.
Also known as "NOS" items.

ALWAYS command a premium price!

The implication is, this stuff is pure unobtainium.

Back