What's new
What's new

oiling the apron

IndyGunworks

Cast Iron
I pulled the plug on my sb 13x60 and no oil came out. I pumped quite a bit of oil into the oil cup that is just to the left of the powerfeed clutch to the point where it could not take any oil, yet i still had nothing coming out of the drain hole.

I have downloaded all of the oiling stuff from wswells and cannot seem to find anything that says 100 percent that that oil cup is what fills the lower part of the apron w/ oil.

also, while i am at it, what is the correct oil for this. the SB stuff says iso 22 spindle oil, but i recall there being a better alternative out there, i just cant find it.

lastly, when i reach a finger as far down into the opening from the bed side, i can feel alot of chips in there that i KNOW i need to get out. Does anyone have a referance on how to take my apron apart to get those chips out? and could they be whats preventing the oil from reaching the drain plug or do i have something more sinister going on here?

well, there was a bit of grease plugging it up, so its drained, rinsed with mineral spririts, and once it gets a chance to dry i will refill it w/ iso 22 oil per the documentation, unless there is a better oil?

clutch

That sump contains the clutch.Mine works fine with the ISO 22 oil.Clean it out regularly to keep it from sticking.

Back