What's new
What's new

plate gear change index plate missing 13" anyone help with a high dpi jpg or pdf ?

noobie

Plastic
plate gear change index plate missing 13" anyone help with a high dpi jpg or pdf ?

I have a pair of south bend 13" , yes noobie has caught the dreaded lathe aquisition syndrome. My local sign shop can print me a sticker for a few cents. Or if need be i can create a reasonable version on photoshop. But ive been google d , and forum hunted and I just am having no luck. If i get this figured out id be happy to share some stickers as a pay it forward.
Thanks!

A few years back, a member here was selling reproduction quick change gear box plates. I still have an email from him someplace as I never got around to ordering one and wish I had as he did superb work. He had red plates for about $70 and black ones for less. These prices were from at least 6 years ago. These plates are aluminum not stickers.
I have seen the black plates for about $35 on ebay.

Bruce

Noobie, jkull is the member here that makes reproduction plates. He makes the index plates on the gearbox, the lube plates,release belt tension plates, leveling screw plates. They are worth every penny. Remove your old one and install the new one. No hunting around for a laminated piece of paper. He'll put the catalog number and bed length on for you, too. Fast shipping. Excellent to do business with. PB.

I noticed those posts, but these are working lathes, im just not a numbers matching restoration kinda guy. I enjoy my rusty 1984 k car for the fact that i can keep it going. Its so ugly its not

A few years back, a member here was selling reproduction quick change gear box plates. I still have an email from him someplace as I never got around to ordering one and wish I had as he did superb work. He had red plates for about $70 and black ones for less. These prices were from at least 6 years ago. These plates are aluminum not stickers.
I have seen the black plates for about $35 on ebay.

Bruce

Bruce,

Clean out your PM inbox when you get a chance or shoot me your email in a PM.

I have some questions for you in regard to electricity and VFDs in general. I'm not sure if it would be appropriate to this forum or not as it involves software. I was trying to send you a PM on some other lathe questions.

Cheers,
Alan

Alan,

My PM box is now cleared. I have had total loss of internet for a couple of days and was traveling yesterday when I found a message that an attempt has been made to access my email from India. I think a PM here will be safer until things settle down.

Bruce,

Alan,

My PM box is now cleared. I have had total loss of internet for a couple of days and was traveling yesterday when I found a message that an attempt has been made to access my email from India. I think a PM here will be safer until things settle down.

Bruce,

Bruce,

Ok, I just sent a PM, thanks for clearing that.

Cheers,
Alan

Back