What's new
What's new

Please help me identify the QCTP that came with my 1948 9A

Yan Wo

Stainless
The QCTP that came with my lathe is undoubtedly an import and has no maker's mark. Aside from the T-slot adapter being pathetically hacked up to fit, it seems to be in good condition. It doesn't match any of the images I found on the internet, but resembles a couple of them.

qctp1-small.jpg

qctp2-small.jpg

Thanks!

I'm not saying that every Aloris ever made had the logo engraved in a corner on the top, but of the dozen or so I have owned they all did.

I agree, looks exactly like my early Aloris that has a sticker on it. Right down to the ridge on the black knob where it meets the steel shaft. If I remember, I snap a picture of it and post it u.

What does the underside of yours look like? Do you have the cyl that goes in the hole?

I agree, looks exactly like my early Aloris that has a sticker on it. Right down to the ridge on the black knob where it meets the steel shaft. If I remember, I snap a picture of it and post it u.

What does the underside of yours look like? Do you have the cyl that goes in the hole?

Underside is flat and smooth and black.

Yes, I have the cylinder and bolt, and a very hacked up T-Nut:

T-Nut 1.jpg

T-Nut 2.jpg

Thanks for the info, gentlemen. I take back my assertion that it's "undoubtedly an import." The bolt thread is 9/16-18, and the bolt and nut seem to be very good quality.

Back