What's new
What's new

Please Help Me, What Is This???

made-in-america

Plastic
Can anyone please help me...I purchased a South Bend Model A 9" Lathe and this was one of the pieces that came with it. Can anybody tell me what this is? It appears to fit where the compound is and has two tool hodlers attached to it that are adjustable. One tool hoder moves in the x-axis direction and the other moves in the y-axis direction. The handle swings from front to back and has a toothed gear on the bottom that looks like it moves the whole assembly in and out. Please check out the attached link for photos...Any help would be appreciated as I don't know whether to keep this, trash it, or sell it. The link is:

album

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=/89e4

Hi,

seems like a two way cut off slide. Don't know of it is original SB. You can allways sell it but you can hardly buy it. If it's not in the way, keep it.

Use the following link to check out the original SB accessories:

web page

regards,

Piet

Looks like an original SB slide. Basically for production setups, but I'd definitely hang on to it. Here's a picture and description from an old South Bend catalog:

LEVRSLD1.jpg

LEVRSLD2.jpg

Looks like your slide is missing the adjustable stop mechanism, but one could be rigged up easily enough. If you don't need it, you shouldn't have any difficulty selling it.

Paula

Back