What's new
What's new

Quick question re 9-to-10K reversing lever conversion

thenrie

Plastic
I notice that most of the levers I see for sale include the drive gears on the levers. Are those gears and retaining bolts interchangeable between the 9 and 10K levers? I am looking at a 10K lever without the gears, shaft, and retaining bolts and need to make sure the gears and bolts from my SB9 will swap over with no issues.

IMG_1694.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I notice that most of the levers I see for sale include the drive gears on the levers. Are those gears and retaining bolts interchangeable between the 9 and 10K levers? I am looking at a 10K lever without the gears, shaft, and retaining bolts and need to make sure the gears and bolts from my SB9 will swap over with no issues.

View attachment 153817

View attachment 153818

The twin gears are the same, but the studs use a different oiling system. If you are using the 9" studs, you will still have to oil them individually.
Ted

Is the 9" oiling system adequate, or would I be better off with the 10K gears and studs? It's only a matter of a few dollars difference, so I might as well get what works best if the difference is significant at all.

Is the 9" oiling system adequate, or would I be better off with the 10K gears and studs? It's only a matter of a few dollars difference, so I might as well get what works best if the difference is significant at all.
Adequate , yes. The difference is 3 places to lube (9") vs. 1 place (10K)
Ted

Back