What's new
What's new

SB 9" "Stubby" Info Wanted

dusty1313

Plastic
Thanks all for the opportunity to post here. I currently own 5 SB lathes and a SB mill and would like to add a SB "Stubby" to my shop. More from an aesthetic standpoint than a user standpoint. I currently use a 9" for small work but find that short bed length 2-1/2' quite interesting. Anyone know of one available for sale ?

Thanks kindly.

dusty

SB 9" "Stubby"

Still searching for a short bed 9" if anyone has one for sale at this time ?

Thx dusty
Thanks all for the opportunity to post here. I currently own 5 SB lathes and a SB mill and would like to add a SB "Stubby" to my shop. More from an aesthetic standpoint than a user standpoint. I currently use a 9" for small work but find that short bed length 2-1/2' quite interesting. Anyone know of one available for sale ?

Thanks kindly.

dusty

Thanks Gentlemen for the kind and prompt replies. I would be pleased with either one a 30X or a 30XB (actually had a XB Benchtop in mind) but would be pleased with either if 24" true bed length. I contacted e-bay owner but no reply as of yet requesting more photos and confirmation of bed length. Once again Thanks. If any others arise I would be grateful to chase them down.

dusty

dusty not really sure I just typed in google South Bend 9" 2 1/2 foot bed and scrolled thru images and searched the web. I then copied the picture and cleaned it up before I posted it. I did not know what a stubby was or looked like so I just searched the web until I found some thing.

Chet

Thanks Ted for the link on Steve's 2-1/2' bed SB. I have seen and read his post in detail. Thanks to Coyotechet for the photo I found the pics you were offering as well. I guess the search continues and appreciate any leads or tips on one. No contact from the guy selling on e-bay. (yet). I've got pics of about a half dozen different ones thus far but out here in the west (Az) finding anything by SB can be a challenge.

Thanks everyone.

dusty

9" x 24" still Searching

Anyone seen one being offered up lately ? I'm still searching for a 9"x24" . Thanks kindly.

Thanks kindly.

dusty

9"x24" short bed SB

Can anyone help with any leads or tips on a 9x24 short bed SB ? Thx dusty

Thanks kindly.

dusty

Photos Please?!

...all for the opportunity to post here. I currently own 5 SB lathes and a SB mill and would like to add a SB "Stubby" to my shop. More from an aesthetic standpoint than a user standpoint. I currently use a 9" for small work but find that short bed length 2-1/2' quite interesting. Anyone know of one available for sale? Thanks kindly. dusty

Dusty: I have to admit that the stubby 9" is a cute fella; wouldn't mind having one myself!
I'm interested in your "collection" so to speak....any chance you can post some photos?
Inquiring minds want to know!

PMc

View attachment 289632 View attachment 289633

Back