What's new
What's new

SB 9a Apron wheel

Seneca

Plastic
Hello guy's wondering if you guys can help a noob out.
This is for a south bend 9a.
The apron hand wheel is all messed up this has a ton of play in it and not talking backlash here something is wrong. I also cant figure out how to even get the wheel off. How can I fix this?
apron wheel - YouTube

Next there is a wire clip the was in the clutch well just really just sitting there. I dont see how it really helps and it dose not clip in anywhere? 20180222_142257.jpg

Last dose anyone have an oil gib or have a link where I can get the right size for the one that go's next to the hand wheel on the apron? 20180222_174359_LI.jpg

Also seem to be missing a gib or an oil plug? I'm not sure what go's here but I need one. :) 20180222_174347_LI.jpg

If I can get a fix for the wheel and locate what I need for the two circled areas that's would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

ok thx guys, I ordered the rebuild kit and looks like I don't really need the clip thank you.
So guessing a sleeve is the best way to fix the apron wheel.
If anyone has a 9a oil cup for the apron for sale plz let me know. ( cant find one on ebay ) Thanks again guy's!

Both apron oilers are available but I cannot remember what thread it is...the one above the hand wheel is just a press in one.

Last edited:
Ok thx so what I really don't get is the hand wheel. everyone keeps saying to get it off just push the pin through.
Its a tapered pin.. I don't have a tapered pin that I can see. all I can find is the large pin head 180 from that there is no pin. Just on one side.
Screenshot_20180223-204930.jpg this is the side I see the large head on the pin. So I spin it 180 to punch the pin out and no pin to be found. Screenshot_20180223-204942.jpg

Take a piece of emery cloth,tear off a strip and do the two handed monkey pump thing to clean all the paint and what not off.

You will then see both ends, it can be hard to tell which is the small end.

There is no "just push the pin through"...they are a real bitch most of the time...once you determine wwhich is the small end you need to rig up a way to support the handwheel and give it a good wack with a hammer and short flat ended punch...support is the key

Back