What's new
What's new

SB Lathe Mystery Part

Well I dont have a collet rack so it must be for the taper attachment. I will look through that diagram and see what i can see.

Thanks

Menessis

Ya the first one is the taper attachment clamp. Sorry I should have said it was figured out. The second one I don't think it's for the head stock. It's kinda tiny. But maybe the Tail Stock :)
Update: After looking at the parts diagram. The tail stock clamp just has one hole in it.

LoL sadly it does mean it came from my lathe because I painted it. It has been so long in pieces I don't remember!

I just noticed that I didn't say it's a Heavy 10L lathe.

Is it possible you painted an extra part (not for your lathe) that was already loose from the lathe when you originally Disassembled the lathe?

Also I was gonna guess the first part was a 0% ar-15 lower that someone put a hole through. Guess my Mercia is showing

Well I guess anything is possible. That is the only machine I was working on at the time though.
Not that it matters but I did take pictures as I went. Problem is I can't find those pics now :(

On to the next or latest problem. I have to bolts left over! They look important! They are 5/16" x 1/2" long. They are the same as the ones that hold the gear box on but shorter of course. They have some of the original ugly green paint on them. They where in the group of parts from the Saddle.

image1(2).jpg

I finally figured out the other mystery piece. A couple of you guys suggested that it didn’t belong to this lathe. Well you where right! It’s the tail stock bed clamp for my wood lathe. I forgot I have an extra!
I was loosing sleep over that!

Last edited:

Back