What's new
What's new

Searching for leads to specific SB lathe

timekiller

Stainless
Missed an opportunity back in about March of 2004. This lathe was listed on eBay near Utica, NY as my notes reflect. However, it was pulled and reportedly sold outside eBay. One reason I missed out on it. I would like to contact or have the current owner contact me.

Below is a picture I gleaned, before the listing disappeared.

sb 457.jpg

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Ray :D

You may want to put ad's on Surplus Record and Machine Tools under their "wanted" sections. The ad's are free and will be watched by all the used machine dealers around the world. Can't hurt to ask.

Not that I can help but the word treadle caught my brain,
My last name is White,my wife brought home a treadle sewing machine with
beautiful cast ornate legs,wood carving, with the name White in large letters
in both materials, machine appears to be complete.
Good luck with your search.
Gw

In the conversion ....

They used the treadle parts to make the electric motor mount. :willy_nilly:

I'm interested is acquiring treadle SB parts to restore my SB lathe to its original order.

Ray,
Over the weekend I'll look back through the contact info for the serial number file. several years ago I received an email from a person that had many pedal lathes, which he restored. He may have a contact for you or parts.

He is the owner of SN#1506, if a PM member?

http://www.wswells.com/sn/sn_images/1506.jpg

Steve

Hello Steve,
Appreciate any leads for SB treadle parts. I would much rather copy as generate patterns for casting.

I have a Shepard lathe between my SB and Seneca Falls lathes. :D The SB treadle drive is very similar to the Seneca Falls treadle drive coincidence?

Sorry I didn't get back to you Ray, I apologize for that.
It's Joel Levine, he makes spedo gauges, radio gauges and other dials and parts.
Joellevine.com
his number is on the web page.

Back