What's new
What's new

Serial Numbers Wanted

swells

Stainless
I am now requesting all serial numbers and dates. I have listed all the early pre 1940, and have a good start on the post 1940 numbers. If you would like a copy of the list, visit my website and click the serial number link. I will update it every week. I only have a few files uploaded at this time, the new site has only been up for two hours. so if you like what you see...tell me.
If you are looking for something special, tell me and if I have it I will upload it. I just received a loaned catalog collection from the west coast that you would not believe! Everone on this group and the Yahoo group gets a free pass inside the site as I build it. Usernames and passwords will be issued at a future time, but it will still be free to the two groups.
the site is:

wswells.com

Steve

OK, I guess I'll start:

Cat # 115YBC
S/N 122016
Model C9W10JR

I estimated is was shipped sometime in 1941, but I never did check with SB. It is a 9-C benchtop version with 3ft bed and wooden cabinet.

Chris

Steve,

Looks good. I see Chris has the model# I asked about. Model C9W10JR

Chris could you past a photo of your lathe?

RF

RF
I saw your post but I wasn't sure if my C9W10JR was the same as your C9-10JR. Yours certainly looked a lot cleaner :)
I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

Chris

Steve,
I'm looking for any information on my 1936 11" R series. I noticed you've got my S/N in the database (presumably from the Yahoo SB group). Mine is 69908

Info on the 11" seems to be pretty scarce. I have a couple of catalog pages that were sent to me. I have uploaded the pages I have to the Yahoo South Bend Manual group(in the photos section). (I go by agentkrome on the yahoo groups)

Thanks,
-Keith

Right now Stan, just lathes on the serial number
DB, but I would do pictures on the member photo
page of anything you want...within reason..lol
It's going to take me a few days to get the pages up and started, but you can e-mail them to me with discriptions. I'm working on requests for catalog and parts information right now. I have the Nov 1935 19-B Repair parts going up right now. I have to add the links.

Steve

South Bend 10 inch ( heavy) , 4 foot bed
Model A
catalog CL 199A
Serial Number 6865RKR13
Ship date June 24, 1954 , confirmed through LeBlond
This lathe has the smaller, 1 7/8 by 8 TPI spindle
thread, and the double tumbler QC gearbox

Steve, I have 2 copies of bulletin no 7(mid 1920s?) which are8 pages long,titled South Bend Lathes In the Auto Repair Shop,Garage and Machine shop. there are 53 photos of various operations centered around the 16"x8' Q/C lathe of which there is a center spread. I also have another ,missing its front page ,so I dont know its number, but it features 16"x6' and machine shop operations(107), appears the same year, has a green background, the others being buff.Should you not have these I can copy and email them to you and you could have one of the originals for your files, seeing as you are going to so much trouble to share with others. please advise

I am new to this site, and I have just got the info on my lathe from leblond, so here goes. I have a 16" swing X 6' bed, catalog # 8117C, ser # 100216, ship date of July 23, 1940. Thanks for all the effort you put into these extra info items, as they are a big help. Neil

Ok, posted the listed numbers and info.
Wallpaperman, can you recheck the number part of your serial for me, maybe an extra 2?
Thanks William and toyes.
IXL, I have a sales bulletin No 7 but it's dated aug 1935 for the workshop, I don't think I have the one you are describing. Yes I would like to have a copy to list. If you e-mail it, it would have to be during the day, while I was at work,
so I could receive it on the big pipe. I have dial up at home and it's pretty bad for large files. If you can burn a cd, and mail it, I'll be glad to pay for everything, that way I could compress the files myself. Let me know on the back line PM what is best for you.

Steve

Back