What's new
What's new

South Bend 10K Possibly For Sale

etard

Cast Iron
Hi All,

Wow, new look!

I bought a very nice condition South Bend 10k lathe on factory cabinet probably from the early 60's. I proceeded to strip it down and do a complete rebuild and paint. I also bought another 10k that had fallen but it had the taper attachment. I sold a few parts off this lathe, but kept the whole carriage and taper attachment, and many other parts. Let's say there is 1 1/2 lathes.

Long story short, I am about to move, and don't foresee having the time to put this thing back to working condition in time. I am putting a feeler out here in case someone local would be interested in taking on the project.

The bed is in very good condition, and looks to have minimal use. The spindle and bearing look great, and all the lead screws and nuts are nice and tight.

I will add some pictures later today. The lathe is partially painted and just needs to be put back together. It comes with the new felts and oilers, Aloris toolpost and 4 holders.

I can add a complete tooling package if the right price is offered, with all top of the line, American made accessories.

Is there any local interest? I live outside Los Angeles and could possibly deliver around the area.

Back