What's new
What's new

South Bend 9C

lgauerke

Plastic
I will leaving to pick up a SB 9C this weekend. It is not running due to a missing motor pulley. What I need to know is how many change gears should I be looking for to consider this a complete lathe?

I will leaving to pick up a SB 9C this weekend. It is not running due to a missing motor pulley. What I need to know is how many change gears should I be looking for to consider this a complete lathe?
If no one has an answer sooner, I will check on mine tomorrow. I have a 1937 9C with a full set of change gears.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thumbnail shows 9B chart. If a similar chart is still on the 9C it will give a good idea of what came with it in the way of gears.

A look in the SCREW GEAR and STUD GEAR columns will show how many DIFFERENT ones there were

Attachments

• SB 9 B Chart.jpg
    SB 9 B Chart.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 888
I can't answer you question directly but a look at the thread chart John posted should solve that problem. If you like, contact me when you figure out what you're missing. I have a motor pulley and some change gears as well as some other parts for 9" SB's.

I think you should be looking at 16 gears.

Back