What's new
What's new

South Bend Drill Press MT arbor wanted

Krazz

Plastic
Finishing up my SB Drill Press rebuild, and now I really want a MT arbor, so if anybody has one (I know, its a long shot).......

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Finishing up my SB Drill Press rebuild, and now I really want a MT arbor, so if anybody has one (I know, its a long shot).......

You mean a MT-tipped OEM-alternative-option spindle, do you not?

As opposed to an add-on external extension arbor?

I have a MT 2 spindle of the south bend drill press. If your drill press is a table top style I'd be hard pressed to recommend this spindle as you lose a fair amount of drill clearance. On the other hand a floor mount drill press should not be a problem. That said the spindle I have had been cross drilled by previous user probably to mount a drill chuck. While the holes do not impact the use of the MT 2 taper they are there.

IMG_1012.jpgIMG_1013.jpg

Let me know if you are interested and we can work something out

Regards
Dennis

An arbor is a thing that you stick in the spindle to hold a tool. The sipindle is the central rotating part of the machine.

A MT spindle would be a new piece installed in the machine permanently. An arbor would an accessory that could be changed out to hold a chuck or certain drills temporarily.

Previous discussion suggests you want a different spindle. You might get more responses with the correct terminology. 😁

An arbor is a thing that you stick in the spindle to hold a tool. The sipindle is the central rotating part of the machine.

A MT spindle would be a new piece installed in the machine permanently. An arbor would an accessory that could be changed out to hold a chuck or certain drills temporarily.

Previous discussion suggests you want a different spindle. You might get more responses with the correct terminology. [emoji16]
Thanks for the help.

Back