What's new
What's new

South Bend Fourteen Drum Switch

Can'tWeld

Aluminum
Reading the other drum switch post but that did not help me.
This lathe come from an estate auction so know nothing about it so kinda shot in dark that it works.This is a 3 phase lathe that I want to run off a rotary phase converter but I had to install a starter w/Stop-Start switch cause the other owner I guess ran it just using the drum switch to operate the lathe????Anyway guys I remove the line voltage from the terminal blocks which is 1L1,1L2,1L3 which is how I wired it back in.The motor is 1T1,1T2,1T3 which it was put back the same way I took it out.Guys along side the terminal block for 1T1-1T3 is another wire label 2L1 which goes over to the drum switch but on the terminal block there is not another wire,it goes to nothing.What is making me nervous is on the drum switch one of the screws it looks like it kinda short out or got hot.Anyway I was wondering if someone has one of these lathes that has this drum switch if could check to see if I have it wired correctly before I put power on the motor.Guys thanks for your thoughts and guidance -----Can'tWeldDSC03357.jpgDSC03356.jpgDSC03355.jpgDSC03354.jpg

I have the same lathe. Here is a wiring diagram another SB Fourteen owner just sent me IMG_1274.jpg

I have a slightly different wiring configuration, but can check tomorrow to see where my 2L1 wire goes...

Glenn

Back