What's new
What's new

South Bend Gallicop

boomerang69

Aluminum
Found a what looks like a tracer lathe at a customers shop they picked up with other equipment.I have never seen one of these and wondered if anyone here had any info about it.I'm sure they will never need this machine and it will probably end up scrapped,I felt that I should contact folks here if anyone needed parts or knew anything about it.Its ugly to say the least but may have some useful parts.I will post some pictures if needed
Thanks Rick

Found a what looks like a tracer lathe at a customers shop they picked up with other equipment.I have never seen one of these and wondered if anyone here had any info about it.I'm sure they will never need this machine and it will probably end up scrapped,I felt that I should contact folks here if anyone needed parts or knew anything about it.Its ugly to say the least but may have some useful parts.I will post some pictures if needed
Thanks Rick

I'd be interested in a look at a foto. My HBX-360-BC began life as a tracer lathe. Doubt that the now-missing "goods" came from a third-party supplier, Cazeneuve probably built their own in-house.

But who knows if something might be adaptable 'til ya look?

Thanks,

Bill

Now this is the proper way to change the topic Beer I love this

If you are still drinking the usual US-made swill? Analhoser-Buttwasher through most of the silly-posturing brew-a-bad-ass-name-not-a-good-mouthed-beverage so-called "microbreweries" included?

Most need another 200 years yet, before they will actually understand beer at all.

Yuengling Old has that experience. Already old before they came to this country. Damned few others in North America come close. Stinky Kool-aid purveyors, mostly.

So that ain't love.

It is barely pre-pubescent infatuation. Emphasis on the "fat", nonetheless.

:)

If you are still drinking the usual US-made swill?

I find I am drinking mostly Warsteiner, Grolsch, Hofbrau, Krumbacher, and Stiegl these days. Can't stomach microbrews, and don't much like the idea of drinking initials. I will have to look for Yuengling.

I find I am drinking mostly Warsteiner, Grolsch, Hofbrau, Krumbacher, and Stiegl these days. Can't stomach microbrews, and don't much like the idea of drinking initials. I will have to look for Yuengling.

Warsteiner I would mebbe wash socks with, not much else. Residue is too sticky for crotch or underarms. Grolsh's bottlecap is more interesting than its contents.

Yuengling is in a similar class as Hofbrau or Czechia's original redish brown, not golden pale, Budejovice Budvar. Largest craft brewer in the US by volume, oldest brewery still operating successfully as well. Came out of Bremen - long before there was a "Germany" as it was to become.

Yah wants "craft" beers, go to English ale and bitter. Hard to find a BAD one. Most have been at it a hundred and fifty years, minimum, if not way longer, and are ... well... more "comfortable" than the world average.

Ireland has genuine beers, not just cigar-ash and burnt-coffepot flavoured Guiness. Yah likes a "Stout"? Vietnam brews a nicer one. So, too London Porter. And the French.

Frugal Scots might not drink a entire half all up in just the one week, so have "small batch" - and small BOTTLE - Innis & Gunn - aged in oak for a nice touch.

All on shelves 'ere, and hundreds more as well.

Multicultural "National Capitol" area with its immigrants, embassies, and MONEY does have a few advantages.

Back on subject
The gallicop is probably made by the Belgium compagnie Mondiale
It still exists http://www.mondiale.be/en/
It is owned by a really big used machinery dealer http://www.vraetsmachinery.com/en/

eter

I was hoping for this sort of tie-up. Still do not know 'til I see photos - or those on some European site that has them already - if there is any commonality AT ALL with the Cazeneuve.

Tracing is specialized enough, buying-in from an expert third-party would make sense, economically, vs in-house build. OTOH Cazeneuve seems to have been willing to build more for themselves than some others.

Well.. had a site recce. No Joy on my piddly little tracer query.

Peter DID say 'really big used machinery...", so it was nice to see some grown-up lathes as were not raised on an Iron deficient diet again!

Noooo. do not REALLY miss them!

Back