What's new
What's new

South Bend Heavy 10 paint color

JosephI

Plastic
I have a South Bend Heavy 10 from 1989 in very good condition aside from some paint ware in the chip pan and a few normal handling spots on the lathe.I was hoping some one matched the paint color so I could just do a little bit of touch up on it.

Thanks in advance, Joe

I have a South Bend Heavy 10 from 1989 in very good condition aside from some paint ware in the chip pan and a few normal handling spots on the lathe.I was hoping some one matched the paint color so I could just do a little bit of touch up on it.

Thanks in advance, Joe

Not sure how crazy you want to get, but I just painted some parts of my lathe with this stuff, It's a little lighter then the rest of it, but after it's got some oily finger prints on it I can't tell/don't notice the difference.

Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel Spray Paint, 15-Ounce
by Rust-Oleum
Link: http://a.co/6spSA0Y

Scanning is the closest you’ll get without manually mixing pigments. A good paint tech can usually get it very close.

I’ve used Sherwin-Williams All Surface Alkyd Enamel several times. Spray, roll with a no-knap roller, or brush with a 1” wide quality artist brush (~$15). All give good results. Cleans up with standard thinner.

Requires at least 24 hrs before you can handle parts. 48 is better.

Edit: It comes in different sheens. Low sheen worked best for my WWII era lathe but yours may have more gloss.

Back