What's new
What's new

South bend Model A manual or any manuals

CaneBreak

Plastic
I have a southe bend A percision lathe.. i was wondering if i need that specific manual or is there one that is close to it and also is Is there a place on the web to get manuals for the model A percision lathe, where you can down load it. or does anyone have a copy they can email me.. please let me know

Thanks in advance

Hi There,

The closest you can get to a user manual is the How To Run A Lathe from South Bend Lathe (usually abreviated HTRAL ). If you look a little ways down the list of topics (in the South Bend Lathes Forum), you will see a topic called: SBL Books . In the first post, William has a link to his web page where you can find copies of this book you can download. They are older editions but still worth a look. You can get a more current version from Lindsay's Books:

Lathe Books From Lindsay's Books

I hope This helps. Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb

guys, thanks so much for the help.. I am going to go get the lathe today iw il post pictures of it and let me know what you guys think of it. I cant wait to get it fired up. I have never really made anything on a lathe but i am excited to start learning.

Again thanks so much for the replies.. i really dont know how we lived without the internet. It amazes me the resources it proveds

I think elsewhere you described the bed as about five feet long.

Model A is usually applied to 9" SBs with quick change gear box that never had beds that long as far as I know.

Maybe you got youself a bigger one with QC - photos will tell the tale. Good info on posting photos front page of this forum near bottom

John

OK I will post the pictures. I went and picked it up today good god it was heavy as hell. . You would not beleive the amount of tools that came with it. Stuff i dnt even know what its for. I will hopefully get them up today or tomorrow.
Thanks again for all your help

Back