What's new
What's new

South Bend / Sidney 1307 Parts... value?

Waldo

Plastic
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, I am looking for some information. I had an opportunity to salvage some parts from an old Sidney 1307 lathe. I did a little research and I think the Sidney 1307 was a South Bend 1307 that was rebadged. Before it got taken to the scrap yard I was able to remove the carriage, tailstock, chuck, tool post, most of the knobs, dials and leavers, all the name plates/badges, some of the gears, a steady rest, the rpm meter and a few other misc. parts. I would like to know if there is a market for these parts, what’s valuable, what’s not. Also what is the best place to sell this stuff...eBay? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Waldo,

I'm not familiar with the RPM meter. Depending on what it is I might be interested in it. Can you tell me about it please? Maybe a photo or two?

Vlad

I think thats backwards. Southbend 1307's were rebadged sidney's from what I hear. I have honestly only seen pictures of these lathes. You may be better off posting in the antique machinery forum as there are some sidney owners there. Good luck!

Sidney 1307

I think thats backwards. Southbend 1307's were rebadged sidney's from what I hear. I have honestly only seen pictures of these lathes. You may be better off posting in the antique machinery forum as there are some sidney owners there. Good luck!

Thanks Halligan, you may be right. I searched the net quite a bit, but I was unable to find any pictures of the sidney 1307X20 lathe and very little information. I googled 1307 lathe and pictures of the South Bend 1307 pop up, and it is virtually identical to the Sidney that I dismantled. This lathe had a DC motor and a generator, and a Louis Allis Select-a-Spede Drive. Thanks for the post!

Waldo,

I'm not familiar with the RPM meter. Depending on what it is I might be interested in it. Can you tell me about it please? Maybe a photo or two?

Vlad
Hello Vlad, I will get some photos for you soon. Here is a drawing from the web of the South Bend 1307, I circled the RPM indicator. I am not sure what the value would be. Thanks for the post!1307.JPG

Hello again, I have a few pictures of the RPM indicator that Vlad had ask for, I will also include a couple of picture of the steady rest, it's a pretty heavy chunk of iron. Are steady rest lathe specific, or will this steady rest fit multipal lathes? Thanks!1307A.jpg1307B.jpg1307C.jpg1307D.jpg1307E.jpg

Follow-up on 1307 Parts

Hello again, I have a few pictures of the RPM indicator that Vlad had ask for, I will also include a couple of picture of the steady rest, it's a pretty heavy chunk of iron. Are steady rest lathe specific, or will this steady rest fit multipal lathes? Thanks!View attachment 68583View attachment 68584View attachment 68585View attachment 68586View attachment 68587

Sorry for the renewal of the ancient post, but based on the fact that there was no final resolution of the parts, just wanted to see if you still had the steady as I can likely find a home for it - please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
Mark

Back