What's new
What's new

South Bend Turret Tailstock...

michael.kitko

Cast Iron
So, I stumbled across a South Bend turret tailstock here in CT on CL. Went to go and look at it and well, after some little discussion and chatting, I walked away with it. So, although there is more to that story, I will move on.

So anyways, I did try to do some research on them before I picked it up and low and behold, although I don't think they are that rare, the internet really doesn't have much on them. In fact, what little it does, it generally says to avoid them because they are junk, not accurate, flimsy, and over-priced. So, I decided to try and fix the parts break down, although I may just not have found it, with this post. I will be rebuilding it on here so that others may see how they are constructed.

Questions I have right now:
1. Does anyone have the length of the handle I'm missing, including pivots? This will save me some time in figuring out the pivot points of anyone could help me here please.
2. Does anyone know the length of the bar from the handle to the head? Again same as above.
3. This one doesn't actually click through its positions, I'm right in think it should before it locks right?
9015b728bc2cf2e54d3879eae71c3132.jpg
828d5ac2c6fcc2c69d4f2398c4bd818a.jpg
adb6fa2324f037f5644a6a70fda29125.jpg

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Back