What's new
What's new

Southbend 10 k parts wanted

Doccharger

Plastic
Hello all,

I am looking for some parts for my south bend 10k..I am sure most will suggest that I check ebay..I have been...I was wondering is any of you had some of these parts laying around propping open a door or possibly being used as a paper weight....I am looking for the following

my unit is a 10k from 1969 UMD

1)parts or pieces of a Collet rack

2)a good used 10k compound slide..( prefer one that has NOT been crashed )

3) the TOP of a cross slide that the compound slide mounts too....I am looking for one that would work with the taper attachment...I DONT WANT THE ENTIRE TAPER ATTACHMENT ...

this is a start for now....I am sure I will come up with more

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT

Thanks

small point.

The compound from a 9" will fit right on, the only difference is the thickness of the bottom half,and has an advantage in that you gain a bit of clearance from the top of compound to the spindle centerline.

9" compounds are cheap and extra room will allow you to use tools that the 10k compound will not due to the clearance thing, especially if you are using an AXA style post.

Last edited:
I also have a 10K. It has the taper attachment and came with a collet rack that holds 20 collets, and fastens to a threaded boss on the way clamp of the taper with an S-curved pipe. I have a ton of collets but I keep them in wooden boxes and have never used the rack. The rack is in good shape except that some doofus previous owner took a wire wheel to the top surface of the rack and removed all the paint, so it would need to be repainted. If you would like to have it, I'll give it to you. I don't know the protocol for this on the forum, but if you can figure out how to send me your shipping address I'll send it to you Merry Christmas. Let me know.

Bob....sent you a message

i also have a 10k. It has the taper attachment and came with a collet rack that holds 20 collets, and fastens to a threaded boss on the way clamp of the taper with an s-curved pipe. I have a ton of collets but i keep them in wooden boxes and have never used the rack. The rack is in good shape except that some doofus previous owner took a wire wheel to the top surface of the rack and removed all the paint, so it would need to be repainted. If you would like to have it, i'll give it to you. I don't know the protocol for this on the forum, but if you can figure out how to send me your shipping address i'll send it to you merry christmas. Let me know.

bob....i sent you a message

I got the message and replied - dunno if I did it right. If you want the collet rack send me a PM with your name and address and I'll send it to you.

Will the top of a heavy 10 cross slide...( just the top part with the hole in it for the compound.....NOT the whole assembly that sits on the bed ) fit on a light 10 cross slide ?

AND...

will the light 10 compound fit it ?

NEW PART ACQUIRED I NEED YOUR HELP

Ok...so here goes....I purchased a NEW 6 inch 4 Jaw chuck for my 10K...it came in original box and was heavily covered in very old cosmoline

box has part number stamped in it ....CL 14606NK OR CU4606NKSOUTHBEND EMCO.jpgEMCO REAR.jpgEMCO FACE.jpg

while cleaning with mineral spirits the south bend steel sticker came off the front of the chuck ( sticker is aprox dime sized )

Underneath south bend sticker was a EMCO sticker....??????? yes...EMCO....NOT ENCO

There are some numbers stamped on the face and rear of chuck...they are... .part number on front is p13241- 1
Part number stamped in back is 8168. With k3a in a circle this number is also stamped on each of the 4 jaws....

the threaded adapter also has stamped the thread pitch and 9-10K

NEW PART ACQUIRED I NEED YOUR HELP

Ok...so here goes....I purchased a NEW 6 inch 4 Jaw chuck for my 10K...it came in original box and was heavily covered in very old cosmoline

box has part number stamped in it ....CL 14606NK OR CU4606NKView attachment 188733View attachment 188734View attachment 188735

while cleaning with mineral spirits the south bend steel sticker came off the front of the chuck ( sticker is aprox dime sized )

Underneath south bend sticker was a EMCO sticker....??????? yes...EMCO....NOT ENCO

There are some numbers stamped on the face and rear of chuck...they are... .part number on front is p13241- 1
Part number stamped in back is 8168. With k3a in a circle this number is also stamped on each of the 4 jaws....

the threaded adapter also has stamped the thread pitch and 9-10K

That is an Elliot chuck made in Austria. They made chucks for EMCO as well as SBL and others.
Ted

That is an Elliot chuck made in Austria. They made chucks for EMCO as well as SBL and others.
Ted

OK Thanks for that information...

Are they still in business ?

How old is my chuck ?

can assume that it would be considered a High quality chuck ?

Where can I order extra jaws for it or two piece jaws for it ?

there are numbers stamped on each jaw that match up with the number stamped on the back of the chuck...

Back