What's new
What's new

southbend lathe regsitration cards

MeanMachine1980

Aluminum
I recently bought a southbend 13" lathe. I contacted southbend lathe company and purchased the serial card that is supposed to detail out the date, and locations and other details of the machine. I paid $25. When i received the card half of it was cut off. The person that scanned it had it in the machine sideways.. Ive tried contacting southbend and all I get is the same response, "that is the full card".... anyone else have this problem?

texasgunsmith, I imagine that your lathe served auto lite as they made their contribution to the war effort. I wonder what auto lite's contribution was.

MeanMachine1980, Have you e-mailed them back with the card image they sent you? If they take the time to look at the image perhaps they will correct the mistake. Can you embed the image in an e-mail to Southbend rather than send it as an attachment.

Vlad

texasgunsmith, I imagine that your lathe served auto lite as they made their contribution to the war effort. I wonder what auto lite's contribution was.

Vlad

Autolite, back then was the Electric Auto Lite co. They developed their own spark plug in 1935, but up to that point they manufactured several automotive electrical parts, alternators/generators, starters, batteries and such. They were still producing those thru WW2. Which parts for which vehicles, I'm not sure.

Through the 1960's and 70's different portions of the company were sold off or merged, with Ford getting some, and later Bendix, and Prestolite Electric.

Back