What's new
What's new

Spindle pulley cover question?

Ronniet

Aluminum
My lathe is an under drive, it has a cover made of cast iron that covers some of the back gear and the stepped pulleys.
The front of the cover has a hole in it that looks like a knob was there at one time but even after looking thru the pictures of some of the SB lathes here I do not see a clear picture of what it looks like?
Also on this same cover at the top left rear of the cover there is an "attachment" a cast looking bracket fastened to the cover with 2 of the SB 1/4" stove bolts. and has a small hole in the front of this bracket/holder?.
Does any one know what this bracket was used for?
Then may handle is broken on my reversing gears , the brass release handle.
Does anyone have one they would sell me?
Thanks
Ron

Ok, its an 11" underdrive, single lever GB.
Looks like this ,
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...tion-find-heavy-10-pictures-questions-256045/
2nd picture down is a good picture of the knob I am talking about and the brass lever I need for my reversing lever.
Is that knob on the spindle cover original? Looks overly large? I do not have one and want to make one but want to make sure that is correct?
Also the little cast Iron bracket is not on this lathe as it is on the back of my cover.
I have never seen another one , I know it must be original as it appears cast and fits the exact curvature of the cover.
Dont have pictures now as the parts are in the vat soaking.
Ron

Back