What's new
What's new

spinner hand wheels and cross feed thrust bearings

hms50

Cast Iron
Hi!, Does anyone know when South Bend started offering "spinner" hand wheels on 9A lathes? None of my catalogs show these as options for the 9" series. What about thrust bearings on the cross feed screw, was this factory or an upgrade provided by another company? One last question, on the taper attachment clamp bracket that the operator clamps to bed when taper attachment is in use, there is a removable pin. It is held in place with a cotter pin and has a domed head with knurling around the circumference. I can't see what it's purpose is. Thanks in advance,

hms50

1- don't know when
2- yes, factory options and could also be purchased as individual assembly's to upgrade existing machines.
3- that is the plug that goes in the place of the cross feed nut retaining screw when you are using the taper attachment

Thanks for your quick reply iwananew10K, I bought a 9A at auction as it has a factory steel cabinet and a taper attachment, In taking it apart I noticed the spinners and thrust bearing cross feed screw, they will go on my using lathe as an upgrade.

Thanks again
hms50

Back