What's new
What's new

Switch fix!

image.jpg the pennies are solid copper, the heat from silver soldering would have melted it all into a mess. I filed down a brass screw and soldered it to the pennies to be used as a rivet. The pennies are riveted to the brass arm instead of soldering so the brass arm has spring to it. While doing this I realized all the connector arms are brass or copper and tinned. I think I might have put the cam on 180* wrong.
A question here is the arm/follower that has the spring pulling it on the cam intended to rub on the bake o lite insulator. The top insulated has a trench
Rubbed in it now?

When I was young and poor, I had to repair the head gasket on an old 250 Honda motorcycle engine. The parts manual showed copper washers under the head bolts, but someone had been in there before me and there were no washers. Perhaps the reason for the gasket failure. The parts were already obsolete, and it was before ebay. A little sandpaper, four cents, a drill, and a bit of time. Put it all back together, and it ran great for about six months. Then it was stolen, so I have no idea how it turned out long term.

Back