What's new
What's new

tailstock matching wrong in my south bend heavy 10

putnam

Plastic
IMG_2522[1].jpg
IMG_2499[1].jpg
Here is two pits one is the almost finished restoration of the south bend that I bought a few weeks, I posted picts when I bought it, the Jkull sent me the threading chart tag , but now I found out that the tailstock that came with the lathe does not match , it is about 5/16 above center. so the q/ is how to solve this new problem, I got however an extra body of a tailstock that seems to be a good one , but as you can see is missing parts . So I want to start by asking if some one can tell me if ths no painted one in the pict could be the actual tailstock for my lathe and from there if it is possible to get the missing parts, may be some one is willing to make a trade ... well I am listening and again hoping to get get more help from you out there.

Tall one doesn't appear to be a South Bend tailstock.

Basically either mill the tall one down to height, or find parts to load up the other casting and make it complete.

Yes, the unpainted tailstock with twin oil cups on top is a factory heavy 10 tailstock. Sell both of the ones you have and pool the cash and grab a nice one with a base when it comes up on ebay.

ETA: have you tried putting the painted base on the unpainted body?

yes the base of the unpainted fit on the other one, i am looking to buy one on ebay.
thanks

Back