What's new
What's new

Summer Update, Restorations, Plans, Stoires To Share?

bradjacob

Titanium
I Just wanted to take a moment to say hey to all the new folks and to all the "old timers" from a few years ago.

Ahh, summer.... I'm currently doing my Brideport and along came the 13". Sounds like an unexpected child, LOL. But being wrapped up in two restorations is, at times overwhelming. Add to that summer plans, kids, work and just plain old, being "machined out" and not wanting to work on them.

I'm signed up for a fall-winter machining course at the local vo-tech and am really looking forward to getting my chops back. It costs $560, but you take in two sections, each being $280. That's very manageable. I'm nev going to finish my mill and lathe by the time I begin my school but maybe I'll get the lathe done.

Well anyway, I'd love to hear what you'all have been doing this summer or Any interesting stories or machining experiences?

Your old buddy,

Brad ;)

While I was waiting for the Aloris I decided together started on a small wood working restore - a 1940 Delta12" disc sander. That's currently in the waiting stage for bearings so I'm hoping I can get back to my practice. I wish I could find a class like you are going to take.

Rick

Been so busy making chips with my 9A ($$$) I haven't had a chance to finish my 10L. I did rebuild a Rockwell vertical and replaced my mill/drill.

As for the Heavy 10, I just need to fit the taper attachment, and build a set of drawers to fit in the center section of the steel cabinet. Everything else is done.

You'll enjoy the class. That's how I got started a few years back. I ended up taking four semesters. Sadly the class is no longer offered.

Bruce

I decided to spend the summer working in china! So not much shop time! But there is time to buy cheap tools! :D

Enjoyed the SB group for several months. I've been looking for a lathe for a couple years and this group influenced me to go with a Heavy 10.

For better or worse, it's mine now....and I look forward to learning from all of you.

Attachments

• IMG_8472.jpg
    IMG_8472.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8498.jpg
    IMG_8498.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_8502.jpg
    IMG_8502.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 171

Back