What's new
What's new

THREADING GEAR BOX OFF SB10

KDHIGH

Plastic
YA,I NEW- DONT KNOW WHAT FITS WHAT LIKE YOU PROS. BUT I BOUGHT A REAL NICE RESTORED SB 9 AM WORNDING A THREADIND (QUICK CHANGE ) FROM A 10 WOULD FIT THE 9 ...IF I GET THE FEED SCREW FRONT GEAR AND END BEARING FOR SCREW . ALSO CAN YOU CONVRERT DRIVE FROM FLAT BELT TO V WILL AND WILL IT WORK WITH MAIN GEAR IF I GET ALL SORRY ABOUT NOT KNOWING CORRECT TERMS FOR THIS STUFF BUT WILL ANSWER ME IF YOU HAVE ANY SHAVING RUNING THRU BLOOD OR YOUSIT BACK AND RUST UP!

ya like my ear's man my poor ear's :rolleyes: get over it :eek: and just read what the man has to say :confused: and if you can help him fine
if not then just move on :mad:

sorry did not mean to hurt your feeling, or ruffel any feathers1 sorry did not know it was that big of a deal .my eye sight bad and its easy to read while a trying to type. :cool: very sorry

yeah, a buddy of mine is an older one-armed life long machinist. He found it easier not to hit the caps key on and off, and just left it locked when he typed to save moves. Like the old tape reader printouts, or teletype messages that were familiar to an "earlier" generation. They ran him off the old Chaski for "yelling" and he wouldn't let me say anything at the time. People just went on and on like it was one of the major crimes in the universe.

It is a protocal, and I'm not fond of all caps. It is harder to read. But there are reasons some people might not be up to speed when they first try out the cyber universe.

smt

But back to the original question...

I don't know if the 10" gearboxe will fit, but people have converted the flat belts on 9" South Bends to automotive serpentine belts- apparently they are extremely robust and grab really well- and no need to replace or modify the flat belt pulleys either. Can't do it on a 10L because of the headstock casting.

Gregm

The leadscrew and gearbox and most other parts on a 10k will fit a 9 ". I had a 9" made inearly 60's and the carriage and counter shaft casting were stamped 10-k.

Back