What's new
What's new

Tool post grinder question I got with 10k purchase

badharley99

Plastic
I just purchased a southbend 10k and I got a what I think is a toolpost grinder. Just looking for some info on this grinder and what it is really worth. The condition is excellent, it appears that it was never used or maybe once. Please see attached pictures.

I have been lurking on this forum for a really long time. I am actually into building cars and bikes and use my old southbend to make small parts that are needed. I have had 3 southbend over the years. Started with a 9" model C, then 9" model A, now this 10k.

Thanks for the help in advance.

nick

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0810.jpg
    IMG_0810.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 293
Yep, it looks like a tool post grinder. Attaches to the t-nut for the tool post.

Make sure to cover your machine really well when you use it, that ground dust can do a lot of damage to the carriage and ways. Just make sure to cover well and have fun. :cheers:

Regarding price - it's worth what someone will pay. A Dumore tool post grinder that size sells for $200 to 500 on eBay, depending on model, accessories, and condition. I would search eBay for comparable grinders to refine the number.

Back