What's new
What's new

Tool post ID

ken moss

Stainless
I got a Suoth Bend square tool post in a lot of things the other day and its stamped STC-105N what lathe dose it fit by the size I would say a 9" of a 10" lathe thanks Ken

Sounds like you found one of the 1 in 10 tool post SB built for the 9 and 10K. There should be a knurling attachment as well as being able to hold a parting blade and cutting bits. I would have to look at mine to verify the number you give.

Turk

its not the 10 in 1 holder its a 4way tool post with a lever on the side to index it and it fits where the compound goes. I was thinking that someone whould know what lathe it fits by the number stamped on it I looked at my old catologs but the Numbers dont match. thanks ken

Ken,
I am not the expert here but I have the same one that came with my 10L.
I have looked at catalog 5418 and 77-U and like you the numbers are not anywhere near what is on the holder it self.
In catalog 5418 (1955) the numbers are..CL3375 N for 9" K for light 10 and R for the 10L.
I hope this helps...........les

I just found one in box with a 10L I just bought. Page 45 of the 1960 Catalog. I can't remember if that is on Vintage Machinery or WSWells site.
Anyone know what it is worth?

Back