What's new
What's new

Tools4cheap?

alan speyrer

Stainless
Anybody buy any south bend tools/parts from tools4 cheap?
I really want a Aloris Toolpost with holders, but the local comapny wants over 600 dollars. I see tools4 cheap offers a quick change Wedge style toolpost and holders for 125 dollars.

I've bought some stuff from him. Quality as expected, good communication on the order. I have at least three of his free conversion charts, so I must have bought from him that many times.

Great guy to deal with in my experience. I've bought some small tooling, such as the Fisher Machine Products items, as well as a 10" used chuck and VFD system. He proved his worth with the latter two---quick to respond, detailed and very helpful. It's not the "usual import house" kind of place even if the name and some of the tooling gives it that impression. If you have a question, just call him up.

I purchased a set of 3c sq collets from tools 4 cheap and they are quite nice. I also bought a few AXA cutoff and toolbit holders. They are nice for the price but as it has been mentioned here before concerning import tool-holders, the allen setscrews should be replaced with better quality hardware. My toolpost is a genuine Aloris brand and I'm unsure of the quality of the Chinese toolposts. I'm pondering purchasing a BXA toolpost for a Leblond lathe and would be interested in hearing of peoples experience with them as well.

Steamachine

I have an AXA piston post I bought from Jeff on my 9" lathe, I have a Phase II wedge on my 10L. I see no difference in performance.
I have bought a Faceplate for my 10L, a Steady Rest and a set of ER-40 collets.
Jeff will stand behind his products

Jim b.

I too have delt with Jeff,very helpful and I think honest. Bought a used 16 " spindle and it was perfect. Just a customer no dog in this fight.
Ken

Picked up some 100 series (AXA size) toolpost holders. No problems or issues. I have been thinking about a follow rest for a 10K.

I've bought from Jeff several times. Everything has always been as expected, and he has always been particularly prompt when responding to my email questions.

Same great experience, and in fact with the AXA wedge type tool post and holders you are wondering about. I also have a genuine Aloris set and can detect no functional difference in performance.

Jeff was also happy to help out with international shipping by packing the box with other needed items up to the 20 lb weight limit. (I think my shippment was within 1 oz of the max!)

I've gotten a chuck wedge tool post, Among other things I just got two 13" South bend steady rest base clamps from Jeff.

He is a good guy to deal with fast with his replies to emails and fast with the shipping.

Paul

I've never heard anyone complain about anything regarding Jeff and tools4cheap.

I've done business with him - worked out great.

Ryan

Another vote for T4C from me. Greg (above, thanks Greg!) put me on to him and likewise sending to Oz was no trouble for Jeff and I'd definitely buy from him again. I also got the wedge type tool post, holders and a few other bits and pieces. The only thing is that I have to wiggle the handle on the toolpost sometimes to get the holders to slide in. At the end of the day you know it's not a Swiss watch you've bought but hey, it's a toolpost and it holds the hunk of carbide/steel against the piece whizzing around just fine ;)

Pete

I've bought both steady and follow rests for my 10K from Tools4Cheap. The telescoping steady is excellent quality, especially for the price. I had some trouble getting the follow rest to mount correctly on my particular lathe, but Jeff was excellent in his response to my concerns, and it wasn't that big a deal anyway. As others here have stated, you don't need to worry about dealing with Tools4Cheap - it's an honest outfit and their tools are good to excellent quality and value.

Blob

Back