Try to ID a ball turning attachment
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Try to ID a ball turning attachment

I know this is probably a long shot, but figured I’d give it a try anyway.

Please see the picture.

lathe-ball-turner.jpg

Back around 2012 after I got my SB 10L Heavy, I was all full of P&V and wanted to try all sorts of things with it. The problem was, I have never had any machine tool training, so anything I did with it was learned by reading, and by trial and error. Ditto that for the Bridgeport I also managed to acquire.

Probably out of ignorance, one of the “attachments” I got for the lathe was a device to cut balls and make concave cuts. The device was basically a kit which required some machining, and obvious assembly. Over time, one thing let to another and I never got around to piecing the thing together. In addition, I thought I had all the paperwork (including assembly instructions and place of purchase) with it in one of the lathe drawers, but that wasn’t to be.

I’m sure I can figure it out, but if anyone recognizes the device, who may have had them up for sale, or even better yet - assembly instructions, I’d sure like to hear from you.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

3. Likes gbyoung liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kitno455 View Post
    That's it. Thank you. Had found them through other pages, but missed this item. Have sent them a note requesting some finishing/assembly instructions.

Thank you again.