What's new
What's new

Vfd

Yep, those are the best! I run both my 72" grinders on the kbac 27d. 110 or 220v and are really quite simple
71a976af16040c4740aebecea898fddd.jpg
c063c002e801f365fdd6d287871736f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One is 10 years trouble free and the other is 3 years. I've fried every dc motor in under 10 years. But these accounts motors never quit. And the drivers nema4 enclosures are impressive

I'm grateful for the guys over there in the VFD forums that steered me into the KB's direction, and likewise, very thankful for the wiring help from you guys here. The KB IS the perfect solution for my needs, and soon one will be mine :)

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand the comment about "added switches." I have two lathes running with VFD and both of them use the original switch that came with the lathe. One is the Cutler Hammer switch and the other is the Furnas switch--both of them are "drum switches." Both of them can function as single pole, double throw switches and that's all you need to have forward and reverse functions with the VFD. In one case, I had to add a potentiometer for speed control (ACTech drive) but with the other drive (Allen Bradley) the speed control is on the front of the unit. Using the original switch keeps the control in a familiar place.

No need to wire any switches into the remote, it's already there.
No need for a separate enclosure so you can just mount the whole vfd wherever one wishes...slap it right on the machine whether it be a lathe,mill,etc.

It's a great way for guys intimidated by vfds to jump right in.

Ronlyke, I also have one of those units on a buffer, but being that it's not enclosed I keep it mounted under a stand.

In terms of ease of set up, you can't beat a dc motor with a kB penta drive like the 240d. I have a few of those as well

These are both on 3 phase motors. I also have a Delta 6+6 drill press, an Atlas shaper, and a Butterfly die filer with 3 ph motors, but those are driven by Teco VFDs, from 115v power. Everything works great. Now all I need is knowledge and skill. :-)

Happy to report that I am FINALLY up and running with a KBMA 24D installed.

Again, a big THANK YOU to those that recommended it. :)

At the risk of double-posting...I had a thread last week about repowering my 3-phase Deckel SO with a KBMA-24D.

I fall into the category of those 'intimidated by VFD's' and experienced no issues. The physical jumpers (versus setting parameters in menus) made it super easy to adapt for my unit. Runs great on 110V. No problems driving the 220v 3P original motor.

Highly recommend the unit and KB.

Back