What's new
What's new

What am I missing?

parshal

Aluminum
The guy I bought my 10K from found some other stuff for the lathe. He had two dogs and two drive plates and these two items. One appears to be a south bend carriage stop and the other a cross slide stop. I'm obviously missing something from the cross slide stop to screw the bolt into. I'm assuming just a nut on the side facing away?

Attachments

• carriagestop.jpg
    carriagestop.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 241
  • crossstop.jpg
    crossstop.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 238
The cross slide stop is complete. You just screw it into that hole in the cross slide casting, and the screw moves in and out inside the stop.

allan

ah, so thats what the factory bolt looks like. Mine is missing. Plan was to just use a regular old 1/4-20 hex or socket key bolt.

Looks like the multi position carriage stop. Is that only a 2 stopper or does it have spots for more screws?

There actually are four screws but it's not quite clear in the picture now that I look again.

I gotta ask what's the point with all the stop positions? I figure one is plenty so I must be missing something obvious.

Depends what you're doing. They're likely more valuable for production work so you can knock out a number of parts with the same measurement easily.

Back