What's new
What's new

What is the part Number for the Direct Read crossfeed collar for a Heavy 10

ericskennard

Plastic
I managed to find a South Bend Heavy 10 that was rebuilt. It is still in a friends shop in Texas. He called and told me that I need to get a collar for the cross feed that is graduated 0-200. It does have the 2 1/4" diameter collar. It also has a Taper attachment.

lathe 9.jpglathe 4.jpg

I can't figure out a part number for this. Yes I have tons of reprints.

Southbend parts supply said they have a part number AS64NK-2 or a AS64-R1. The trouble is they are just operators and have no idea what the parts really are so they can't tell me what this even in. They just want a part number.

So can anyone help me with this?
Anyone have one for sale?
Will this work with no other part change?

Eric Kennard
Satellite Beach, FL
[email protected]

That part number "AS64NK-2", is for a 9N or 10K. I have no idea if it will fit a heavy 10, but I do not believe it will. At one point there was someone who had a stock of these graduated dials. If he still has any, maybe he will get in touch with you.

stay safe and have fun.

Joe.

It is not broken or missing but my Mentor, Don Starks in Texas, said we need to use the 0-200. Southbend has answered me with the part number, PSBAS64R1. Now I need to see if I need any other parts for the crossfeed screw to make this change.

Any ideas?

The port number is " AS1266R2 ". according to the parts list at "http://www.wswells.com/".

Stay safe and have fun.

Joe.

forgive my interest, just don`t want to see you buy wrong/unnecessary parts.

in your pic it shows a relatively late model 10L with large dials- if nothing is damaged or missing i`m not sure why someone would say you needed a dial.

it would either have a 100 or 200 division dial - each has it`s pros and cons,and is really a matter of personal preference.

if it has a 100 div dial on it now and you prefer 200 div, then your first best bet is to contact SBLatheman(Ted)

[email protected]

According to the serial number it was built in 1961. It had some cross feed screw problems when I got it but that is fixed. The 0-200 dial is just a preference for the work it will be doing. Thanks for the contact. I will try Ted.

A lot of work has been done to it. When I bought it, I added a new Buck Tru Chuck, the travadial and a spider for the backside of the bore. I can't take claim for the work. Don Starks did it all. He is teaching the art of chambering and threading custom rifle barrels.

Eric

forgive my interest, just don`t want to see you buy wrong/unnecessary parts.

in your pic it shows a relatively late model 10L with large dials- if nothing is damaged or missing i`m not sure why someone would say you needed a dial.

it would either have a 100 or 200 division dial - each has it`s pros and cons,and is really a matter of personal preference.

if it has a 100 div dial on it now and you prefer 200 div, then your first best bet is to contact SBLatheman(Ted)

[email protected]

Thank you so much. Ted had a brand NEW one on the shelf.

Great help. I will read this forum more often!

Eric

Back