What's new
What's new

What’s this part?

cgarr

Aluminum
Pick up a heavy 10 with boxes of extras this may not even be for it?

Here ya go

b8bf1d23824ade7b26cb67fd760acefc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first part bolts to the edge of the bed to allow the new style of micrometer stop to be positioned further to the left.

This is very useful when working with collets. The newer design stop is much longer than what was provided with 40's vintage lathes and gets in the way when working close to the spindle.

Bill

Second pic is the threading stop. It clamps onto the top of the cross slide and you use a bolt that is long enough to allow the cross slide to move back and forth about 1/8". The idea is you can just back the slide out at the end of the thread and run it back in until the bolt pulls against the stop rather than minding the dial.

It can also be used if you need to lock the cross slide for some reason and don't happen to have a taper attachment with the binding handle.

Here are a couple of pictures of the micrometer stop mounting bracket on the lathe.
As was stated before, there are a couple of tapped holes in the side of the bed ways to accept the mount.
Micrometer mounts on this without the bottom part of the clamp that is needed when clamping the micrometer on the ways. The micrometer stop attaches to
the mount better in my opinion, if a cap screw that is about 1/2 inch shorter than the one used with the micrometer stop clamp. That way, the mounting screw won't stick out the other side of the bracket.
Sorry for the blurry photos.
CWC(4)
413593895.jpg

413593896.jpg

Thanks guys makes sense now and see where it goes now. It came with all the collets and quick release etc and has the taper attachment that I have to figure out when I get to that area. Is all going to come apart and checked out, moved to my basement.
c378db6690897ee73e039449943b4289.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of the micrometer stop mounting bracket on the lathe.
As was stated before, there are a couple of tapped holes in the side of the bed ways to accept the mount.
Micrometer mounts on this without the bottom part of the clamp that is needed when clamping the micrometer on the ways. The micrometer stop attaches to
the mount better in my opinion, if a cap screw that is about 1/2 inch shorter than the one used with the micrometer stop clamp. That way, the mounting screw won't stick out the other side of the bracket.
Sorry for the blurry photos.
CWC(4)
413593895.jpg

413593896.jpg

Ah! So thats what those tapped holes are for.

you might want to look though your boxes of "Stuff" that came with your lathe for the rockers that go with the tool post. These are crescent shaped pieces about the length of each side of the holder that mate up with the radius in the bottom of the opening where the tool bit goes. Tool post is not very useful without these. These pieces often go unnoticed in a a box of tool bits or similar small parts.
CWC(4)

Yea I looked thru everything and can’t find them. Not sure if they can still be sought or not? One other part missing is the clamp block and bolt that locks the taper attachment to the bed of the lathe. That part I figured I could make just need a picture and some measurements

Back